Article by Fix Computers
Some Laptops with the Nvida chipset (Nvidia GeForce 8M-series GPU) are failing due to a manufacturing flaw, this is due to the chip overheating. The main contenders are Apple, Dell, and HP laptops. The problem stems from the solder used to keep the Nvidia GPU attached to the motherboard. After repeated use heated up the low-quality solder, the GPU would come loose thus resulting video failure.
How to fix the Nvida chipset problem.
1. Takee the laptop apart and remove motherboard.
2. Find the Nvida chip on the laptop and use a pen touch to heat up the chip for around40-50 seconds.
3. Put a towel over chip and press down fairy firmly for 20 seconds
4. Next reapply thermal paste to chip and then place a penny on top of chip.
5. Next screw heatsink back on, job done.
6. Before putting laptop back together, re attch monitor and cable and switch on to test.
Also go onto YouTube and you will find many videos showing you how to fix the overheating problem with the Nvida chip. Many people have fixed the problem using the instructions below but sometimes this fix will only last a short amount of time.
Fix Computers ManchesterLow Cost Laptop repairsLow Cost Computer repairs
46 Barry Road, Northern Moor,Manchester, M23 0FA
Do not pay silly prices for PC or laptop repair in Manchester. Are you having problems with your PC or Laptop? What ever problem you have big or small, Fix Computers can help you. We provide very affordable IT Support, Computer & Laptop repair and maintenance services for home users and small businesses throughout the Manchester area. We work 7 days a week and are available at times to suit you.