This will add up to a situation where even the most basic necessities on a computer, such as attempting to open two programs to run simultaneously can create a significant slowdown, as well as making the machine overwork, thereby causing overheating, which can lead to irreparable damage to the system.
However this can be solved by following a few simple guidelines that can be implemented in a cheap, quick and effective way that requires little technical know-how. These are top factors for finding the best configuration and releasing the potential of your office computer:
1. External storage – Regardless of what work is being completed in the office, it is vital to protect and backup documents in case of a driver failure. This can be easily achieved with an external hard drive, which are high-spec, offering a sizeable amount of space. These are a great way to ensure that you never lose your documents regardless of what happens to your computer.
2. Invest in a second router. Modern companies will spend a lot of their time online; whether they are building and maintaining sites or simply providing content, the internet plays a major part for many businesses. This can create a number of connections on a single piece of hardware, which leads to a decrease in speed. However, with the use of two routers, you will have backup hardware to ensure you can always connect.
3. Remove/uninstall older files and de-fragment the drives – Some employees may have to install programs on their computers simply for a single use and never again opened. Some of these programs may open on start-up, taking up valuable space and memory – these can quite easily be uninstalled or disabled on start up. Navigate to the start-bar, click on control panel and then the uninstall icon, or for stopping programs opening at start-up, press the windows key and R, type in msconfig.exe, navigate to the start up tab and un-tick programs that are not needed.
4. You may want to have a central network. A lot of the time computers run slowly because of a lack of memory, to solve this you could install a central computer and minimise the strain on individual computers. This central computer would have enough memory to operate all computers and it would be powerful to run regular computer tasks. As a result, you could connect to the network by making use of a tablet, for instance an iPad. You could then look into macbook rental as a mac could still be used as a desktop computer.
5. Organise the desktop screen, much like a real desk. You will be able to work at a better pace and more easily if you keep it clear. Keep all folders well organised – for further organisation, separate the folders by date. Whilst doing this will not speed up the performance of the system, it does make retrieving and browsing documents a great deal easier.
6. Using the latest Operating Systems. Whilst this may be expensive, you will see a massive advantage to keeping your OS updated. As computers age rapidly, an up-to-date OS is a fantastic way to maximise your compatibility with other programs.
There exists a large amount of ways to increase processor speed – some more costly than others and some harder to implement; however all are significantly beneficial as they can help to make work easier and boost productivity and employee morale.
Macbook rental – Ever since I was young I’ve shown a natural aptitude for writing and I have been quick to learn a range of writing techniques. I am known for writing excellent online content for websites as well as in crafting creative and engaging copy. I have gained experience writing for pleasure prior to my current position.
This popular Build-It-Yourself (BIY) PC book covers everything you want to know about building your own system: Planning and picki…
This Transcend 32GB Class 10 SDHC Memory Card is for you to expand the memory capacity for your compatible device like digital cam…