- Enjoy the benefits of Wireless-N (802.11n) in your home ideal for surfing the web, emailing and printing wirelessly
- Connect your computers, wireless printers, smartphones, and other wireless devices at up to 300 Mbps transfer speed
- Enjoy broad wireless coverage provided by MIMO antenna technology
- Use four Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) ports to directly connect wired devices
- Keep your network protected with customizable security settings, including WPA/WPA2 Personal and SPI firewall protection
- Give visitors password-protected Internet access on a separate network?so your visitors have access to the Internet, but not your computers or data
- Set up your wireless network in three easy steps using included Cisco Connect software
- Use Cisco Connect’s Parental Controls to block specific websites and restrict Internet access during certain hours
Entries Tagged ‘firewall’
The modern internet age is an exciting time. The internet is a fantastic tool for entertainment, work, and communication. These days the internet is the first place many people check for almost any information they need including driving directions, entertainment news, cooking recipes, and countless other tasks. However, along with the power of the internet comes many dangers as well. Viruses, spyware, popups, and other malicious code can take the fun out of internet computing. As more and more money floats electronically through the internet one can only assume that malware will only increase.
Luckily protecting yourself from malware is not that hard. There are a number of great software programs that can protect you from the various forms of malware out there. Security programs are a must for anyone on the internet these days. Many of these security programs will cost you some money. To be honest many of these programs are worth the money as a single security breach in your computer system will likely cause you much headaches as well as possibly costing you money to resolve. However, one thing that make the internet unique from other aspects of life is that you can often get a free lunch. The spirit of giving freely without asking anything in return has definitely helped the internet grow into the largest and most important source of information in the world. As for security software, you can actually get free internet security software that does not take a back seat to any paid security software. I personally recommend saving your money and going with free internet security software. Really the only advantage to paid security software is that you can get complete security suites that will cover all of your internet security needs. Two of the best known internet security suites are Norton Internet Security and McAfee Internet Security Suite. Both are not bad, however you can get just as good protection for free.
You know the basics of computer virus protection — don’t
open email attachments’ from senders that you do not know.
If you follow this simple rule, your computer will be safer
But a few weeks ago, a computer worm called “sasser”, caused
havoc with Microsoft Windows computers throughout the world.
If you are new to computing, or at least new to computer security, understanding the threats and how to protect your computer can be overwhelming. The information in this section will help you understand the fundamentals that you need to know in order to secure your PC and protect yourself and your data as you use it. This section contains a collection of tips, how-to’s and other advice to help you understand the basics of computer and network security.