Article by Jack Bush
Since the launch of PS3, praises and complaints have never stopped. While it gives great audio-visual enjoyment to gamers, it also brings troubles because of its imperfect design. The mostly reported problems are YLOD(yellow light of death), freezing, not reading disc, no video, and so on. Therefore it is important for every PS3 gamers to know some basic skills of PlayStation 3 Repair.
If your PS3 can’t work properly, of course you could choose to return your console to Sony for PlayStation 3 fix. Pay attention that you have to package the unit carefully and safely for shipment. Of course this option will cost you serious money, and 4-6 weeks of waiting as well.
But for an avid gamer like me, I cannot stand the long time of boring life without PS3. How to fix my PS3 faster? Many of the frequent PS3 players have given many remedies regarding PlayStation 3 fix in blogs and forums. Let me make a list on how to repair PlayStation 3 quickly by oneself here…
1. For freezing, push the power button for at least ten seconds to shut the console down. Wait over 20 minutes and then turn it on again.
2. For PlayStation 3 red light fix, your PS3 is overheating. Power off the system and let it cool down completely. Make sure that the air vents of your PS3 are clear, and there is not any other heat generating electronics around it.
3. For discs not play, check the quality of the DVD or disc that you’re trying to play. Make sure that there is no scrap or damage on it. And it is capable of being played on your PS3. Some discs may require viewing options that PS3 cannot provide.
4. For ps3 network connection problems, check the Ethernet connection to your router. Please make sure that all the cables are properly and firmly connected at both end.
5. For no video, check your video settings. Make sure they are compatible with the PS3. If not, disconnect all other components. Press the power button for about five seconds in order to reset to standard video.
6. For all the possible problems, choose a good ps3 repair manual. Make sure it gives a step by step instruction not only by words, but also videos as well. Rob Sheffield’s PS3 Lights Fix Guide is reported a good choose for PlayStation 3 repair.